Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How Do You Overcome Cravings?

Hello Friends,


For the past few days I've been thinking, what are some ways you overcome cravings?
Yes, that pesky little feeling you get every time you decide you are on a diet? At one point, cravings were my arch-nemesis. LOL. Yes, it was that bad. Now, this is actually something I don't struggle that much with anymore. I do however, have a few tips on how it became easier to deal with it and for staying on track.


Tip#1:

My best and most important tip I can give you is, if you have something you know isn't good for you, DON'T BUY IT! Yes, don't even put yourself through that. In my house, I am the one in charge of groceries as I am sure most of the other mommas out there are too. If I know I have a weakness for cookies, or a specific anything, I just don't get it.

Tip #2:

When you do go grocery shopping, make sure to get plenty of healthy snacks. I always keep fruits, yogurts,  and peanuts around. This way when I do need a snack, I can go in the fridge and grab something. The harder it is for you to find or get to a healthy snack, the less-likely it is that you will stick to it.

Tip #3:

Plan ahead.
Me for example, every night I pack my lunch and snacks to bring to work the following day. If I wait to do it in the morning, I always come up with a million excuses and don't do it.


Tip #4

Chew on ice. I have a very bad habit of eating when I am bored. Sometimes when I am home alone or on long weekends like the one we just had, I seem to always end up in front of the fridge. Even at work, sitting in front of a computer for 8+ hours a days can also get pretty boring. I would always find myself in front of the vending machine (which I must say, is pretty awesome at work. LOL, I'll post a picture in the future.) As awesome as it is, it is not for this gal. One thing that helps me A LOT is chewing on ice. It tricks my mind into thinking I am eating and it has zero calories. :) Also helps on your water intake which for me is at least 8+ glasses a day!

Tip #5:

Give in.
(Your probably like WTF?? LOL)
Like I said before, avoiding cravings comes easy to me, but sometimes, very rarely there is that one thing that I just have to have. When this does happen, I allow myself to have a cheat day sort of speak. One thing you have to keep in mind though, just because you are having a "cheat" day, DOES NOT mean you are going to stuff your face until you can't anymore. No, by no means is that what I am saying. Last week I was craving pizza for days, it was Friday and I really didn't want to cook dinner so I caved in and ordered it. I went with the thin crust, some veggies and meat. I had one slice and my chocolate Shakeology for dinner. I was satisfied, got rid of my craving and over all it wasn't a super bad dinner.

These are some of the things I do to avoid cravings, what are some tips that help you? Please share below in the comments or email me. I would love to hear what helps you stick to your goals!





On a different note, just wanted to share a few quick things with everyone.
Today I got my Beachbody check for being a coach. I knew it was coming, but I was totally surprised when I actually opened the mail and saw it. I am soo excited about it, this weeks check is paying for almost all of Sophie's daycare. Not only is Beachbody helping me achieve my goals physically, it is also helping me financially. Let m eknow if you are interested in finding out more about becoming a coach.


Also, today I received my Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body workouts by Shaun T. I am not really sure when I am going to start it yet. Either when I am done with Insanity or while still on Insanity first thing in the morning. I'll let you know when I decide and I'll post my results. :)





Last, but not least, I want to share with you my latest FAVORITE Shakeology recipe. 
Man, I thought I liked the peanut butter and banana one and BAM, I fell in love all over again.

Here it is:

1/4 cup strawberries
1 cup of ice
1 scoop of chocolate Shakeology 
1 cup of coconut water.


Yes, this shake is absolutely amazing! 
For the time being, my favorite, until I try I different recipe of course.
It still boggles my mind how something so delicious is actually my healthiest meal of the day!
Thank you Shakeology :)


Let me know if you have any questions or comments. I always love getting those. You can also email me at pamsrumble@gmail.com

Until my next post!




No comments:

Post a Comment